Licenses and Permits
Most state, county, and local governments require businesses to have licenses and permits before starting operations. There are more than 170,000 government clerks that issue licenses across the country, all with their own requirements. Depending on your particular type of business and and where you operate, any number of licenses and permits may apply to your business.
Failure to obtain business licenses and permits can result in fines, notices, and closure of your business. For this reasons, business owners find identifying and applying for the right business licenses and permits to be a complicated process. However, we can obtain any license you need for your business right on this site.
Frequently Requested Licenses
- All businesses need to obtain a general business license.
- All businesses that sell tangible items must obtain a seller's permit.
- Home/Online/Mobile businesses need a gen. business license and/or a home occupation permit.
- All users of a trade name are required to file a DBA
- LLC's and corporations must file an Official corporate Certificate.
Occupational Licensing & Certificate
When you hear "occupational license" it usually means a general business license. In addition to that license you may need a "professional" license if you are a professional or a tradesperson.
Environmental Licenses and Permits
Businesses such as mobile food vendors, commercial painters, and other businesses using chemicals may need an environmental license in addition to a business license.more